Welcome to MY world....

I am the Artist they call Dawn Marie.
It will be here that i come to try to make sence of daily events and share creativity with you or just reflect on whats stiring in my Imagination . It is here I will mix reality with imagination and have fun doing so. Grab a comfy seat and sit a spell and let the magic begin........ when you wish upon A star........ star light star bright first star I see tonight wish I may wish I might........
With sprinkles of fairy dust....enjoy

I knew I was born a Fairy!

I knew I was born a Fairy!
ahh the smell of burning sage.....

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Oh How Time Flies!!


Here is the pendant part of the necklace below made entirely from steel wire and old book pages!

I can't believe how long it has been since my last post! Taking care of my mom takes allot of my time and I don't like to leave her sit alone while I sit on the computer. She is doing allot better since her surgery on Dec 10Th! She washed a bit of dishes the other day and her energy is increasing! We can already see a difference as she is not so out of breath just from taking a shower or walking down the hall. Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers they helped allot!

I hand made the chain using vintage glass beads from an old necklace that was falling apart. This is really comfortable to wear and lite weight and rests nicely around the collar! It was much fun to make!! I've gotten alot of compliments on it so far while wearing it out!


Here it is!! The charm bracelet I created from the Charms I received from the swap I was in at Hannah Grey. I LOVE all the charms and was so excited to put them on a bracelet to wear for all to see!!!

I am in another charm swap for another group and the swap theme is "Green" as in recycling, re purposed etc. So I found some paint chip sample cards I got while trying to decide which color to paint my studio (which isn't done yet,but I think I've decided on celery green) Then I had some wire I had gotten all kinked up , but I saved it "just in case" so this was perfect to make the bird nest charms out of. The wire is sterling silver and the small blue washed out wood beads are vintage from a garage sale last year,the leaves are from an old flower brooch that was a mess so I used the leaves and the sheet music is also from a garage sale. It was loads of fun to create these and I hope who-ever receives them likes them :)

I will be posting more photos as I got a new digital camera from my hubby :) and am learning to use it( just when i got used to the old one ) I am going to get differant lenses for it like my other one so I can do more photography this summer. I took a class while in grade school and in High school for photography and LOVED it, so I want to do more as the snow melts and the spring flowers come. I should hopefully have more time to post as my hubby went back to school for graphic design and he now has his own laptop which frees mine up :) I am so proud of him for going back to school!!! Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog!
Hugs,
Dawn Marie

1 comment:

robin dudley-howes said...

HI Dawn
Glad you are able to create again and post. I love birds and your tags are beautiful. The nests take time to make so that is a labor of love in intself.
robin