Welcome to MY world....

I am the Artist they call Dawn Marie.
It will be here that i come to try to make sence of daily events and share creativity with you or just reflect on whats stiring in my Imagination . It is here I will mix reality with imagination and have fun doing so. Grab a comfy seat and sit a spell and let the magic begin........ when you wish upon A star........ star light star bright first star I see tonight wish I may wish I might........
With sprinkles of fairy dust....enjoy

I knew I was born a Fairy!

I knew I was born a Fairy!
ahh the smell of burning sage.....

Monday, March 30, 2009

Me in all my glory!



OMGosh I am here 2 days in a row!! This is a self pic as I was standing in front of the mirror so I could see to shoot! Funny hair you say?? My hubby agrees! I always get hot with hair on my neck so I grab something to keep it off my neck and face. I started to make the scarves that is on my head with my sewing machine and odd strands of yarn and that wash-out stabilizer. It was really fun and I went out and got a whole bunch of yarns and ribbons to make more. I looked in the clearance section of the stores. You don't need pricey yarns or ribbons to make one, just use what yu can find and anything goes! First i cut a piece of the stabilizer and laid it on the table, then I started to pick out yarns and ribbons to lay on it as wide as I wanted. I layed them to one side of the sheet so I could fold over the other side and sew like a mad woman!! I used that crazy thread that has differant colors on one spool but anything will do. You have to really sew up and down and all over to make sure that when you wash out the stabilizer the yarns/rtibbons stay together. Then you wash the stabilizer out and let the scarf dry on a towel. You can make them as long or short as you want. use them for wall hangings, headbands, decorative scarfs for around your neck etc. I used thick yarn and fun fur yarn anything that was on clearance. You can make them to match outfits or monochromatic or rainbow or anyways you want. The most important thing is to have fun!!! You really don't need sewing skills to make these . Now GO to your studio and create ART!!!

I received some "frozen Charlottes" and wanted to show then off! I do prefer the ones from Germany and believe the ones with moving arms are from Germany and maybe aren't "frozen" as they have moving arms.... You tell me :)................................

1 comment:

Goldbettyboop said...

It's lovely to see you in all your BEAUTIFUL GLORY... I LOVE YOU and can never THANK YOU enough for my beautiful amazing package xxxx

YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1