Welcome to MY world....

I am the Artist they call Dawn Marie.
It will be here that i come to try to make sence of daily events and share creativity with you or just reflect on whats stiring in my Imagination . It is here I will mix reality with imagination and have fun doing so. Grab a comfy seat and sit a spell and let the magic begin........ when you wish upon A star........ star light star bright first star I see tonight wish I may wish I might........
With sprinkles of fairy dust....enjoy

I knew I was born a Fairy!

I knew I was born a Fairy!
ahh the smell of burning sage.....

Friday, November 14, 2008

My Heart Breaks...

I usually don't voice my opinion much but I am terribly bothered by the lack of caring for ones neighbor. I belong to freecycle(yahoo group) in my area and am saddened to see the many people asking for extra deer meat from the hunters this year as many don't have the money / jobs to feed their familys. It saddens me to think of children going hungry or mothers and fathers going hungry leaving the food for their kids to eat instead. It makes me cry and wish I could win the lottery just to feed and help the people who need it right now. I to am one of those people who need things from time to time as money is so tight, but I always give to people in need. If you sence someone may be having finacial problems just give them 5-10 dollars in an envelope in their mailbox. you dont need to confront them . I wish I could end this terrible crises in OUR own country. there are more people without jobs and or money then ever before in our history. Make a differance if only at Christmas time and donate to the less fortunate this year in your own community's. I know that donating to foundations is a good thing but the ones who need the most help are living in your neighborhoods and possibly your neighbors. One by one we can make a differance and make a better place for our kids and grandkids and show them what its like to give and help someone else.
Ok i will get off my soap box now in tears and hope!
hugs,
Dawn

3 comments:

nikki said...

wow...your post really touched me...i agree...its a horrible time for a lot of people..and some people are being very selfish and just dont care...im someone who would give the shirt off my back ...and am one for always donating when i have the money...and it angers me to see some people just dont care...there should be more people like you who understand and have compassion...if there were the world wouldnt be so rotten

robin dudley-howes said...

HI Dawn

I wanted to check out your blog since you listed it in my email. I like your style! Blog some more so we can see what your'e up to!
robin
p.s you look like your from california. you need to come out!

k9dancer said...

Well said! I agree, it's wonderful to help those in other parts of the world, however, if we do that and leave our neighbors in need, it is wrong.
A lot of people believe that by giving to some large foundation, that the money eventually trickles down to your own neighborhood. In most cases, this is simply not true.
Your direct approach is good. So is looking up those local organizations that help and volunteering there.
Thank you for having a good heart and speaking your mind.