This is a very small piece of art, 3"x 4" and was really fun to do! I wrapped hannah silk ribbon around the outside edges of the canvas with the bow at the top. My grandma would have loved this! I love to do work on a small scale,But really want to try something big. I have a blank canvas just sitting there waiting for the "someday". I've got so many things swirling in my head, But i've decided to quit for the nightand start fresh in the morning!! I'm helping mom make all of our christmas cards this year and already have a good start.
This is the first time I've used bee's wax to collage with and I'm so pleased with the results!! I started with a 9x12 canvas and then used emulsion paints to create the background. I LOVE the smell of bee's wax when its melted and even when it hardens it has the faint sweet smell. I used the hot pot to melt the wax in and it worked Great! I call this collage "born innocence". The look on the little guys face makes me want scoop him up and cuddle him! Enjoy !!!
2 comments:
I'm blown away with your fanciful flight of whimsy! … Just love the wings! Every little boy needs a good set of wings!
What a darling little piece - adorable, how easy is it to use beeswax? the effect is fab
Post a Comment