
I have been dealing with alot of health issues this past 6 or more months and hope to be up and running soon!!! The newest news is the development of my design line of bags, jewelry and clothing I have called "Hippie Bella". My journal is FULL, Featuring fun, hip and lavishly embelished fabric articles of clothing,purses, travel bags and whatever my mind comes up with! I create my own patterns and have been researching pattern development. It has been fun and gives me something to look forward to this summer:) I have been collecting vintage and new vintage style fabrics for the better part of my life and have decided to take action and do something with them! Most of what I create will be one of a kind as finding vintage fabrics and tapestry's are a one of a kind find. Times are tough and I want to bring out the "Hippie Bella" in you!!! When trying to come up with a design name my hubby immediatly said "hippie" as I do dress the way I want and different then most people and like to be comfy but kind of fru fru as well :)I never outgrew the hippie era, I am a true girls girl and hope you will find my creations desirable! I've always loved carpet bags especially when Mary Poppins popped in with her never ending carpet bag full of her belongings!! I was born in the 60's and loved that time in my life when people were more free in dressing the way they wanted and really didn't care what others thought of them. I love to be unique, thats a word that has been attached to me since I was young enough to remember! My dad would sing to me "there she is , the bella of the ball" as I waltzed into the room with my new handmade clothes my aunt made just for me! I really felt special in handmade things and was taught to appreciate the work and love that went into handmade things. I guess thats why I live a creative life, to see the look in someones eyes when you give them something made especially for them makes me feel best! I find joy in giving! I hope to have my hubby upload photos as I finish my works for you to see and soon I hope to open my Etsy shop! I have one created but nothing in it yet! Times are tough and I totally support people who create and offer there works of art to us to buy!(although I've only been afforded to "look"). Spring has sprung and its time for me to get out of bed and doing something productive while trying to regain my health!
XOXO Dawn Marie
3 comments:
Welcome back, Dawn!!!
I can't wait to see what you've been up to over the way too long winter. I've missed you.
xo
Debbie
===^..^===
http://kittencreates.blogspot.com/
http://kittencooks.blogspot.com/
Hi Dawn,
Do you have a free tutorial that you did awhile back on shrink art charm? Craft stylish noted your name on her post a few weeks ago and I would love to have it?
Thanks,
walkingingodsgracenow@gmail.com
I sent you 2 emails and if anyone else is looking for the tutorial pls share it with them or have them email me and i will forward it to them:) Thanks!!
Post a Comment