Welcome to MY world....

I am the Artist they call Dawn Marie.
It will be here that i come to try to make sence of daily events and share creativity with you or just reflect on whats stiring in my Imagination . It is here I will mix reality with imagination and have fun doing so. Grab a comfy seat and sit a spell and let the magic begin........ when you wish upon A star........ star light star bright first star I see tonight wish I may wish I might........
With sprinkles of fairy dust....enjoy

I knew I was born a Fairy!

I knew I was born a Fairy!
ahh the smell of burning sage.....

Monday, September 21, 2009

Time flew , where was I you wonder??


My dear Hubby found this web sight while trying to find something to make me smile! Smile I did and jumped up and down!!! The web sight by Gail Wilson . She creates reproduction dolls and is a professional doll maker! DH ordered the whole kit for me which included already molded parts to start while your waiting for your own poured parts to dry. I have the molds for the basic head, bust arms and legs. It comes with the liquid paper mache and paper clay to make your own hair, patterns for clothing and the body and all instructions to start your own doll making experience. I was quiet excited to get started and this is the head with the hair I formed for her. It is all basic parts and you have to use your imagination or look at photos of old dolls for inspiration. I will be purchasing the lisence to sell the dolls I make as required. It was so much fun, I had been collecting antique and vintage fabric and trims and what fun to finally put them to use! I used one stpe crackle to get crazing just like a very old doll would have. The directions are complete and you should have some experiance in sewing or using patterns as you cut the patterns out and there are no step by step directions. I stuffed her with real cotton stuffing or you could use wool roving, but I wanted her to be as exact as I could be on reproducing a Izannah Walker doll. I am happy with the results and hope you like her to:) Nothing is glued it is all sewn!




all of her clothing is hand sewed and she is hand painted and her hair is hand molded .


all of the clothing materials is from the 1800's I have been collecting at yard sales and antique stores in the past. her shoes are hand made using wool felt, I want to make her a whole wardrobe and leather shoes but was excited to just finish her underclothes and some soft shoes for roaming the garden.


This is my very favorite tea cup given to me by Catherine Moore of Character Constructions. It came with tea flowers and was such a delight to watch the flowers open in the hot water and Oh so good it was , a bit of heaven! Thanks Catherine, I cherish my gifts!!!


Some days I like to just sit in the recliner and have my paints near me and just create some art, this is the result of such a time!

I created this necklace using sterling silver wire and made a nest with fresh water pearls as eggs and attached it so that the nest sits like it would naturally, then added a photo of a little girl whom I thought perhaps was curious of what wwas in the nest and named it "her nest" it is now in a private collection

I created this using bits of vintage jewelry that i disassembled and using new old stock added this art piece was born! I loved it so much and didn't want to let go of it but the day after I brought it to the gallery it sold!!! I hope whoever owns it now loves it as much as I did!
I have been a bad blogger! I get to involved with life's problems that I dont take the time I should for myself.

1 comment:

laura venosa dellaporta said...

OMG this is one of the pretties necklace ever!!! You need to get your stuff out there. get an etsy shop ( I need one too) I will post something about you if you want!!! Love everything is see.