This is one of the "recycled material" charms I made for a swap I am in. I used a paint chip for the tag to attach the charm to. The charm is made using silver wire that was crinkled and was perfect for the nest and the eggs inside are wood vintage beads from a necklace i got from a garage sale a couple years ago. I keep telling my mom that there IS a reason to keep gathering "stuff" as I recycle it! She is excited when she gets to have one of the creations to :) I must say that my mom is my biggest fan and biggest collector of my art :) that pleases me just fine to! She was the one who kept encouraging me to pursue art even though I was a single mom and working a full time job. To have some fun and do what I like to do most! So most of all I thank my dear mother for making me push to make my dreams a reality!
Here is the front of my journal I made from scratch for the "promt a day" workshop by Kelly Kilmer. It is MOST fun and it is so healing to just write freely! we are given a journaling promt, a collage promt and a paint/color promt each day. The whole experiance is quite rewarding! you should sign up for a month and try it!! It is only a mere $25.00 a month and you dont have to continue after the month if you dont want to. The pages below are just a couple from my journal and when I get more time I will post more!!
Hugs xoxox,
Dawn Marie
1 comment:
Hi Dawn,
I found your blog through http://chelise.typepad.com/also_my_healing/anxiety-disorders/
Thank you for writing what you wrote, I don't feel so alone anymore. I could not believe how similiar our lives and situations are.
Hugs,
Jillian
Post a Comment