On Thursday July 3rd, 2008 I had to make the hardest decision in my life so far and that was saying goodbye to my baby, Lady. She was 9 years old and after a tearful call to the vet begging them to please see her after hours as she was not well took me on a new journey of sorrow. After the vet looked and did her exam she gave me 2 choices, One was to have expensive surgery which would have been so hard on Lady and would not promise to cure her or let her go to the pet heaven. I would NOT make her suffer and so In complete breakdown asked the vet to please put her to rest. It has been almost 4 days now and the sadness has not lessened. Everywhere I look there is memorys of her laying in the path of walking or following me wherever I went. Pets are not just pets to me, they are a part of family and I love them as much as anyone in my family. I know alot of people think its not "normal" to think this way but it is how I am, a lover of ALL things alive. I had Lady cremated and her ashes will be put into a wood urn and a paw print was taken from her paw with clay. Lady will always be with me and I am so thankful I took alot of pictures of her and will never forget her. Now go hug your pet and be thankful they are with you still :) A hug for Lady if you will :)
Hugs,Dawn
Saying goodbye to a loved one who is just visiting is sad to me but losing someone forever and not to be able to hug them or see them again is a tragedy to me
5 comments:
So sorry to hear of your fur baby's passing, Dawn. I know what you are going through, I lost my two fur babies within the last 5 years...such a sad time. You will meet again in Rainbow Heaven.
I know how terribly sad and lost I'd feel without some of my animals, some become more than just "a pet". In the past I've found it too difficult on occasion to make the painful decision you had to make and in hindsight I felt I'd made the wrong and selfish choice. It's not always easy to know which way to go, but I know your decision was a very brave and loving one. Hugs to you while you are sad, for as long as you are sad.
Hi Dawn,
Have you seen this poem?
http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm
I gave it my dad when his sweet Annie passed away~ he still has it on his mirror over his dresser.
Me and the girls with miss Lady very much ~ we all loved her. You know she's in very good hands now, until you're with her again.
Love, Laurie
Dawn,so sorry to hear about the loss of your sweet Lady. Your feelings about pets being true members of our family echo my feelings as well. I can't imagine how tough this must be, hope you can find happiness in the memories and photos you have of her.
Denise
Even though it's been over 10 years I can relate to what you're going through. I'm so sorry for you!
Hugs
/Katarina
kamadesign.blogspot.com
Post a Comment